How to dispose of oil?
If you are wondering how to dispose of motor oil, how to dispose of engine oil, how to dispose of brake fluid , how to dispose of car oil, this section is for you!
Recycling the used oil from your car is simple and good for the environment.
- After draining the oil from your car’s crankcase, pour the oil into a clean, leak-proof container with a screw-on top. Many household containers are suitable, including original motor oil containers.
- Never use containers that have held food, beverages or household chemicals such as bleach.
- Make sure that the container is clearly labelled “Used Oil,” kept out of the reach of children and pets and that it has a secure lid so it cannot spill. You can purchase containers specifically designed for carrying used motor oil at automotive supply stores.
- Take the container to the nearest used oil collection centre. If your community doesn’t have a collection centre, check with your local service station or an automobile maintenance facility such as a lube centre, repair shop or car dealership.
- You can also look for the nearest “oil drop.” This is a petroleum industry symbol indicating that used oil is collected for recycling/reuse.